We wanted to let you know of a problem that is affecting some customers in our Stafford store.
If you shopped at Asda Stafford on 7th October there is a problem which may have affected you this month. An issue with our systems means that payment for your shopping on these dates was delayed and will leave your account on 25th October.
We know that when it comes to your shopping you want to be able to pay for things quickly and conveniently. However, when it comes to paying on your debit or credit card there can sometimes be delays in these payments being processed and on this occasion it’s taken longer than expected.
We appreciate these payments coming out unexpectedly can sometimes lead to you incurring charges on your bank account, something we’re keen to put right. If this problem has affected you and you’ve incurred bank charges as a result of the payment taken from your account this week, please get in touch with us so we can help rectify this for you.
Please note this does not affect those customers who shopped online or paid in cash.
For us to be able to identify your payment and make sure you’re not being left out of pocket due to bank charges being applied to your account please provide us with the following information here including the subject Stafford Store:
- The store you made the transaction
- The original date of your transaction
- The original transaction amount
- The last four digits of the debit/credit card used to pay for the transaction
- Confirmation from your bank that a charge has been applied to your account – your bank will usually declare this on your statement or send a separate communication through the post
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and if you have any further questions regarding the above please feel free to ring us on 0800 952 0101 or get in touch here.